Of course they do!
Ever hear the saying “a picture is worth 1000 words?” Well this age old saying applies to your real estate listings too! The proven advertising medium for real estate professionals is the Internet, and according to the National Association of Realtors, 93% of homebuyers look online for their next home. The text description on the MLS is very limiting so most home buyers turn to quality photos and virtual tours to assess which homes they would like to go out and view.
Multiple interior and exterior photos that portray the house well are the most basic, but yet essential photos needed to marketing a listing online. If a possible homebuyer can’t see photos of the home online how are they going to know if they want to look at it? The answer is they won’t and 9 times out of 10 they will pass over that listing for the next one that has photos.
A home that is properly advertised with quality listing photos will statistically have fewer days on market and sell for a higher price. Plus, how do you think your sellers are going to feel when they view their listing online and they see that you are not making an effort to market their home? Proper marketing techniques lead to happier clients and the more satisfied your clients are, the more referrals you will receive.
See below for some simple tips to photo success!
- Post as many photos as you can. Most MLS databases allow up to 30.
- Use virtual tours on your listings if possible.
- Remove clutter from each room in the house.
- Kitchens, bathrooms, living areas and yards are the most important areas to target.
- Take multiple shots of each area so you can choose only the best angles.
- Take your photos in the daylight with every light on in each room.
- Stress the importance of lighter neutral paint colors to your sellers, dark colors tend to close in a room no matter how large.
Don’t do an injustice to your sellers! Proper emphasis on listing photos and virtual tours will sell your listings faster! Remember, listing exposure is key. Advertising your listings on different websites with many photos will increase the likelihood of selling your listings quicker and at a higher price. To get started, you can post your listings to Homes.com online. Get started today!
Click here for more information on listing photos from the Homes.com blog.
Latest posts by Jason Parker (see all)
- Every Real Estate Agent Needs These Two Things to Be Successful - June 18, 2015
- 3 DIY Projects to Give Your Mobile-Friendly Website a Personal Touch - May 18, 2015
- 5 Tips to Capture More of Homes.com’s Record Traffic Growth - April 13, 2015