Word of mouth is one of the most crucial aspects of advertising for any business, but especially so for real estate. Consumers want agents who are trustworthy and reliable, so they may place even more emphasis on your reputation than usual. Around half of all buyers found their real estate agent by referral from a friend, neighbor or relative, according to the NAR 2010 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers (the internet was the second most common method used to find an agent).
You don’t just want your clients to be satisfied with their time working with you—you want them to be so thrilled they are telling everyone they know. If half of all buyers are choosing their agent through referral, then getting referrals should be your #1 priority.
How can you get your clients and leads excited about the work you are doing for them? Some things should be obvious, like being honest, respectful, efficient and accessible. But to really get your clients to rave about you to anyone who will listen, you will need to deliver something truly special. See below for a few tips:
1. Be invested in their best interests. You represent your clients’ interests. There will always be those who can do your job for less money, so in order to win client loyalty, you need to show your loyalty to them by being genuinely invested in their welfare. Commit wholeheartedly to the goal of serving your clients’ needs and desires without being focused entirely on how you can profit, and your sincerity will be rewarded.
2. Be reliable. Hit deadlines early and return calls and emails as quickly as possible. These are simple ways to show your commitment to your client that can make a big impact.
3. Be thoughtful. In this sense, treat your client as a friend by thinking of small things you can do that will improve the real estate experience for them—or even just their week. If your client mentions a small home improvement project they are considering, put them in touch with a contractor who can give advice. The key here again is sincerity. If you are genuinely thoughtful and kind, you will be a person your client wants to have in their life, not just someone guiding them through a business venture.
4. Focus on what you can do for your clients, not what you can’t. Having a positive attitude can make a major difference in how you are perceived. This is all about delivery. It’s essential to be honest with your client about the risks and drawbacks of any real estate venture and to be realistic about their prospects, but when you have to deliver hard news, focus on the solution rather than the problem.
A great way to collect more endorsements is through your FREE MyHomes Agent Profile. Easily send endorsement requests to your past and current clients directly through your control panel Sign up at MyHomes.com.
Want to learn more about how to provide stellar customer service to your clients? Check out the Secrets of Top Selling Agents webinar hosted by Stephen Haas and Cindy Marchant, “Treat Your Buyers Like Royalty: Create Raving Fans and Repeat Business with Superior Service”
Latest posts by Jason Parker (see all)
- Homes.com at NAR 2015 – Find All the Presentation Slides Here! - November 10, 2015
- Why do I need a Homes.com Profile? - October 5, 2015
- Adding Quality Content to Your Website - September 14, 2015