Michael Maher was kind enough to host a webinar last week with Homes.com. If you are a member of the Real Estate Industry you probably have heard of Mr. Maher. He is known as the “America’s Most Referred Real Estate Professional “and has also written the nationwide best seller 7L: The Seven Levels of Communication: Go From Relationships to Referrals. During the webinar Michael Maher offers detailed explanations of why you aren’t getting referred the 1st time or the 2nd time, as well as step by step directions to improve them.
Here are some of the key components of Michael’s webinar to help make you a more referred agent, and hopefully resulting in a more profitable 2012!
- Reveals the secret of why agents are not being referred and how to improve the number of referrals you receive.
- Demonstrates the process of making a goal and following through with it.
- Organize, Organize, And Organize More! Manage all contacts into one spreadsheet and use the Ultimate Memory Jogger( to add additional and even lost contacts.
- How to express gratitude to your network. Handwritten notes are the best! Let the receiver choose when to receive the message.
- Classify the individuals within your network into levels. The Ambassadors and the Champions were the primary focus levels Michael Maher say your referrals derive from. An Ambassador is the individual at the very top of the relationship scale needing the most TLC and the most contact throughout the calendar year. The Champion level follows a close second and Michael explains a thorough process then plan to evaluate, so you can execute his practiced plan of success. Taking care of these individuals by expressing your appreciation and keeping in touch could potentially increase your referrals, resulting in potentially increased revenue!
- Be Courageous.
- L.I.F.E – LEARN, IMPLEMENT, FAIL, EVALUATE ** One of my personal favorite take-aways from Michael Maher’s webinar was his approach to failure, that even successful people fail. The quote that will stick with me was when Michael said, “We just happen to be failing at a higher level”.
- Say Thank you and say it often!
We found Michael Maher’s webinar very insightful with many great tips about how to increase referral business. If you missed the webinar, it is available to download here.
Latest posts by Amber Alcaraz (see all)
- Animated Gif NAR $250 Sweeps - October 23, 2014
- Free Webinar with Jimmy Mackin – “Inbox Zero!” - April 22, 2013
- Offer your Clients a Friendly Spring Cleaning Guide - April 17, 2013