Kick Off Football Season with a Winning Tailgate Party at Home
Tips and tricks to entertain friends and family like a pro
NORFOLK, Va., (Sept. 4, 2012) – As summer winds down and fall makes its way around the corner, cheers of football fans across the country are imminent. Football games are the perfect time to reconnect with friends and family, and it all starts with tailgating. Homes.com and ForRent.com, leading real estate listing sites and complete lifestyle resources, have partnered with Nature’s Own, America’s number one soft variety bread brand, to kick off this football season with tailgating tips.
If you can’t make it to the stadium on game day, you can still throw the perfect tailgate party at home. Follow these tips from Homes.com and ForRent.com to create a winning tailgate party:
How to Throw the Perfect Home Tailgating Party
- Countdown to Kickoff – 3, 2, 1…Get ready for the big game with fun activities that will help guests liven up and get ready to cheer on the team. Choose three activities like a bean bag toss, horseshoes or a football game of your own and let the excitement begin. Pick two teams, each competing in the separate activities, and select one grand prize for the winning team. Guests will have a great time before the big game even starts.
- Spirited Décor – Spice up the look of your home and get in the game spirit with decorations. Buy tablecloths, balloons and other supplies in your team’s colors and dress up food displays with black and white striped fabric, reminiscent of a referee’s jersey. An overturned helmet with your favorite team’s logo is a great place to store tailgate essentials like bottle openers, silverware and more.
- Fan Favorite Foods – Snacks are a game day essential. A buffet is an easy way for your guests to fuel up before and during the game. Homes.com recommends the Southwest Turkey Burger made with Nature’s Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rolls as a healthy alternative to burgers and hot dogs.
- Halftime Happenings – Not being at the stadium on game day doesn’t mean missing out on halftime entertainment! Create fun activities for guests like guessing and voting on the final score. Mix it up with a re-match of pre-game activities, and don’t forget to let guests fuel up on food before the second half.
Using these simple tips and tricks is a surefire way to throw a tailgate touchdown on game day. For more information and entertaining tips, visit the Homes.com Idea Gallery at blog.homes.com and check out the Homes.com Tailgating Fever Entertainment Guide, available free for download at http://blog.homes.com/sites/3/2012/08/homes-com-brings-you-the-ultimate-tailgating-guide/.
As one of the nation’s top online real estate destinations, Homes.com inspires consumers to dream big. From affordable houses to luxurious estates, condos, apartments and more, Homes.com features more than four million property listings and a user-friendly format, making finding your next home or a licensed real estate agent easily accessible. Visitors to the Homes.com blog will find a collection of rich content and posts on DIY projects, painting, gardening and more, providing the ultimate resource for everything home related. From purchasing a first home, to upgrading, downsizing and everything in between, Homes.com is an inspiring and engaging partner in every phase of the home buying process. For more information, visit http://www.homes.com or blog.homes.com.
About For Rent Media Solutions™
Founded in 1982 as For Rent Magazine®, For Rent Media Solutions™ is headquartered in Norfolk, Va., and provides multifamily housing solutions for apartment seekers and property/apartment managers and owners through integrated marketing techniques, including print and Internet, mobile media, custom video and social media solutions. For Rent Media Solutions operates For Rent Magazine, as well as Apartamentos Para Rentar®, and publishes 94 magazines covering more than 190 markets nationwide, including After 55™ Housing & Resource Guide, and ForRent.com™-The Magazine. For Rent Media Solutions operates four additional websites: ForRent.com®, SeniorOutlook.com®, CorporateHousing.com® and ParaRentar.com®. Visit ForRent.com for more information, or visit us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Homes.com and For Rent Media Solutions are divisions of Dominion Enterprises, a leading marketing services and publishing company headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia. For more information, visit www.dominionenterprises.com.
Latest posts by Monica Torresi (see all)
- RE/MAX Survey and $100 Promotion Official Rules - July 10, 2014
- Homes.com Local Real Estate Expert Sweepstakes Official Rules - July 8, 2014
- The Write Stuff: Twitter Best Practices for Journalists - May 30, 2014