“If a picture is worth a thousand words,” then a video is worth a million! There is no doubt that using video content is quickly becoming the next “big thing” for marketers everywhere. In fact, a study from the National Association of Realtors®¹ (NAR) reported that the majority (51%) of recent home buyers chose YouTube as their preferred online video destination when shopping for homes.
Videos are emotional and believable and increasingly in demand as consumers have come to expect videos to be available for any subject that they are interested in. Videos serve as a perfect opportunity to gain leads, promote your brand, and potentially increase sales!
So if video content is not yet a part of your marketing strategy, take a look at the numbers below²:
- 65% of YouTube videos posted by real estate professionals were able to pull leads
- 70% of home buyers look for a video either on websites, Facebook or YouTube
- 120 billion page views a month are generated from video marketing
- Realtors have collectively seen over a 40% hike in profits from video marketing alone
We know what you’re thinking “creating a video? I can barely work my iPad” but -are several video production tools that make video production even more user friendly than before! Continuous innovations in technology along with apps like iMovie, Clesh Video Editor, Social Cam and others have made it easy for not so “technologically savvy” real estate professionals to create engaging and effective videos. Plus, review our other articles on how to create engaging videos that will increase your exposure and generate leads, 5 Simple Steps to Making the Best Real Estate Videos and YouTube Channels: Broaden Your Marketing Reach and Maybe Become a Star! And, for added exposure, add your YouTube channel and videos to your Homes.com MyHomes Agent profile. Utilizing this feature allows consumers to view property listing videos, your professional profile including endorsements and other information (watch the MyHomes Agent video to see all features in action).
If you are ahead of the game and already using videos to showcase your listings, go to our Facebook page and share your experience with us!
Latest posts by jared.daniel (see all)
- 40% of U.S. Markets Have Now Recovered from the Housing Bust! - April 10, 2015
- Google’s Mobile Algorithm Set to Change April 21st- Is Your Website Ready? - April 3, 2015
- Uncovering the Secrets to Why Social Media is Free Marketing - March 27, 2015