Consumers are beginning to rely on mobile devices as their primary resource to access the internet and is expected to overtake desktop usage by 2014. Real estate professionals can use this trend to their advantage by starting to focus their marketing efforts to target these on-the-go consumers. Read on to find out how to set yourself up for success by making mobile users a main priority in all of your marketing strategies.
1. Email campaigns will become more effective simply because it’s they will be read quicker and have a better possibility of having an action taken. Instead of waiting for access to a computer, consumers can receive their emails and respond to them whenever or wherever they are. In fact, 88 percent of people open emails on a mobile device and more than half of those individuals confirm that a smartphone is their primary way of doing so. Keep this in mind during your next email campaign and be sure to format your message in a way that is user friendly to mobile users.
2. Build a better following on social media. Ninety-one percent of mobile internet access is for social activities, so be sure to take advantage of this. Today’s consumer relies heavily on word of mouth recommendations when making a purchase decision, most of which comes from the friends and family that connect with them on various social channels. Start posting client endorsements on all of your social pages to demonstrate why you are the expert in your local area. Social sites are also a great way to gain exposure by actively posting pictures, videos and descriptions of your properties but remember to not be too self-serving. Use the 80/20 rule whereas your content is focused on your audience and not so much about you.
3. Become better known in your community. Half of all local searches are performed on a mobile device, so increasing your local presence and brand awareness can be easy by targeting these consumers. All of today’s modern mobile devices use geo-targeting to provide users with top ranked local search results, so start collecting client testimonials and reviews to help build your search engine ranking. Another way to help gain new clients from local searches is to utilize mobile advertisements like Mobile Local Ads from Homes.com.
Latest posts by Jared Daniel (see all)
- How to Become A Better Negotiator by “Clicking” with Your Clients - August 18, 2015
- Why Millennials Are Saying Goodbye to Rentals and Looking to Buy A Home - August 14, 2015
- [Podcast] Secrets Unplugged: Periscope Review - August 5, 2015