In our last edition of the Secret Sauce to Creating Real Estate Videos, Homes.com discussed three key things to remember when coming up with a plan for your video. This time around, we will be showing you just how inexpensive it can be to create an awesome real estate video.
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need a million dollar budget to create an effective finished product. In fact, all it really requires is a smartphone with a few accessories, a simple editing program, and a little bit of time. Here are a few tips on creating real estate videos on a budget:
1) There’s no need to break the bank by purchasing an expensive camera, because whether you have an iPhone or Android, today’s smartphones are equipped with high quality cameras. Although an expensive camera can be put to good use, for the purpose of creating real estate videos, that smartphone you carry around every day will provide you with the quality that you’re looking for.
2) To optimize the quality of your videos, there are a few accessories that you should always have on hand. When filming with your smartphone, always use a tripod. Although may seem like an additional expense, it’ll be worth it because you can create videos for all of your listings in the future. The good thing is that they’re inexpensive. Look on Amazon; odds are you can find one for under $30.00. If you aren’t sure about what kind of smartphone you’ll be using, you can also buy attachments that will fit any tripod. The next necessity is a microphone. Background noise and shooting from a distance can significantly decrease the sound quality of your final product, especially in testimonial videos. Once again, these are relatively cheap and can be found online.
3) The editing software you choose is also important. Although there are plenty of pricey programs that you can purchase, there are a few that are inexpensive and just as effective for creating real estate videos. iMovie is an extremely user-friendly platform and it comes standard on most iOS devices, or can be downloaded for a small fee. If you aren’t familiar with Apple products, Animoto is a great alternative. This is an online service that has several tiers of usage that range in price, depending on additional features needed.
It’s not that difficult, so get out there and start filming! Stay tuned for the next edition of “The Secret Sauce” to Great Real Estate Videos, where Homes.com will be sharing tips for real estate professionals who are seeking a little outside help with creating a video.
Latest posts by Jared Daniel (see all)
- 15 Apps that Will Make Your Job Easier in 2015 - November 11, 2014
- [VIDEO] Setting Up and Getting to Know Homes Connect Powered by Homes.com - November 7, 2014
- Housing Market Continues to See Stabilizing Home Prices - November 4, 2014