Online real estate marketing is about setting yourself apart from the crowd and giving visitors something of value. One thing that consumers will value is a helpful widget. What is a widget? According to Wikipedia a widget “is an interactive virtual tool that provides single-purpose services such as showing the user the latest news, a map program, or a calculator”.
Adding widgets to your Homes Connect website is easy and is a great way to get visitors to return to your website over and over again and they’re free to use on your website or blog! Here are a few notable ones.
- Commute Time widget-Fifty percent of buyers report that ‘convenience to work’ was the second most significant factor in choosing a home (2013 NAR Survey of Buyers and Sellers). This widget allows buyers to quickly determine the commute times from your listings to their office, school, gym or other destinations.
- Mortgage Calculator – calculate monthly mortgage payments, estimated taxes and private mortgage insurance costs.
- Social Network – display social network icons with links to your respective social channels so that visitors can easily and quickly connect with you.
- Home Values – displays the average sales price in your area and links to other demographic information.
Here’s how to add these cool widgets to your site:
- Visit the Homes.com widgets page.
- Select the widget you want to add to your website.
- Customize the colors and content.
- Copy the HTML code that is generated at the bottom of the page.
- Paste the code into your website or blog.
Latest posts by Jason Parker (see all)
- Homes.com at NAR 2015 – Find All the Presentation Slides Here! - November 10, 2015
- Why do I need a Homes.com Profile? - October 5, 2015
- Adding Quality Content to Your Website - September 14, 2015