Home to over a dozen theme parks, it’s little wonder that Orlando is one of the greatest tourist cities in the world. But there’s more to this great city than roller coasters and mouse ears! Check out these 10 things to do while you’re in town for this year’s NAR Convention!
1. Baldwin Park First Friday Festival in Orlando
The first Friday of each month, artisans, small businesses, and nonprofit organizations gather at Baldwin Park to share news and wares with park guests. Stop by Friday from 5:30-9:30 to pick up some unique souvenirs and enjoy the park’s beautiful atmosphere.
- When: November 4, 2016, 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
- Where: 4915 New Broad Street, Orlando, Florida
2. Fall Fiesta in the Park
Stop by Lake Eola Park on November 5th or 6th for the 46th annual Fiesta in the Park. Browse through the beautiful ceramics, jewelry, photography, glassware, wood, and clothing presented by more than 600 juried artisans while enjoying live entertainment! Can’t make it during the event? Stop by Lake Eola any day to enjoy the swan paddleboats and the fountain’s choreographed music and light show.
- When: November 5th & 6th, 2016, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Where: 195 N Rosalind Ave, Orlando, FL 32801
3. Orlando Science Center (OSC)
The Orlando Science Center is a fantastic destination in its own right, with four floors of engaging exhibits including dinosaurs, engineering, and Central Florida’s ecosystem. However, on November 5th, OSC is taking it a step further by hosting the Tenth Annual Neanderthal Ball. Get your tickets early so you don’t miss out on this one of a kind cocktail party!
- When: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Where: 777 E. Princeton Street, Orlando, Florida 32803
4. The Coca-Cola Orlando Eye
Take a break from the Florida heat and get a one of a kind perspective of Orlando from the fully enclosed, air conditioned capsules of the Orlando Eye. From the top of this 400-foot tall observation wheel you’ll have a 360° view of downtown Orlando, theme parks, lakes, and even Cape Canaveral on clear days.
- When: Sunday-Thursday: 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM, Friday & Saturday: 10:00 AM – 12:00 AM
- Where: 8401 International Drive Suite 100, Orlando, FL 32819
5. The Black Hammock Adventure Complex
Don’t leave Orlando without going on an airboat tour or at least seeing a gator! Black Hammock Adventure Complex offers airboat tours as well as a free wildlife exhibit right on Lake Jesup, one of the most alligator dense lakes in Florida. After your tour, stop in at the restaurant to kick back, relax, and enjoy live music every Friday and Saturday night.
- When: Airboats: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Restaurant: 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Where: 2316 Black Hammock Fish Camp Road, Oviedo, FL 32765
If you’ve driven around central Florida, chances are good that you’ve seen the billboards for Gatorland. The attraction is home to a petting zoo, a free-flight aviary, a zip line course, and animal shows. So give in to the temptation! Stop and visit the thousands of alligators and crocodiles that make their home here.
- When: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Where: 14501 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32837
7. ICEBAR Orlando
Travel Channel featured ICEBAR as one of the top 10 bars in “Extreme Barhopping” and “America’s Best.” When you arrive, you’re greeted by an “ice princess” who provides you with a coat and gloves–you’ll need them for the 30 minute trip into the bar, where you will be surrounded by over 70 tons of hand-carved ice. Have a drink, take some pictures, and then head to the Fire Lounge to warm back up!
- When: Sunday-Wednesday: 5:00 PM – 12:00 AM, Thursday: 5:00 PM – 1:00 AM, Friday-Saturday: 5:00 PM – 2:00 AM
- Where: 8967 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
8. Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Epcot’s annual International Food & Wine Festival, going on through November 14th, is a great opportunity to sample cuisine from around the world. There will also be live cooking demonstrations, live concerts, and celebrity chefs!
- When: September 14, 2016 – November 14, 2016
- Where: 200 Epcot Center Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
9. Wekiwa Springs State Park
It would be a shame to visit Orlando without dropping by one of Florida’s many gorgeous springs. Only 16 miles from downtown Orlando, Wekiwa Springs is a great option for visitors. Stop by and take a dip in the 72 degree spring, take advantage of 13 miles of scenic trails, or, if you’re feeling adventurous, embark on the beautiful Wekiwa River in one of the canoes, kayaks, or paddleboards available for rent.
- When: 8:00 AM – Sundown Daily
- Where: 1800 Wekiwa Circle, Apopka, FL 32712
10. Universal CityWalk
Want to sample a variety of venues in Orlando without the hassle of driving to each new activity? Check out Universal CityWalk. Here you’ll find food, fun, and shopping all in one place. Some of the attractions include the world’s largest Hard Rock Cafe, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville, the Blue Man Group, live music, movies, and mini-golf.
- When: 11:00 AM – 2:00 AM
- Where: 6000 Universal Boulevard Orlando, FL 32819
Enjoy the city, but don’t forget to stop in at the 2016 NAR REALTOR® Conference & Expo! Homes.com will be giving away $500 each day and offering an open bar on Friday from 3:00-6:00 PM, Saturday from 1:00-4:00 PM, and Sunday from 2:00-5:00 PM. Not attending the Expo? Follow us (@HomesPro) for live updates from the conference and stay connected with everything taking place by searching #NARannual.
Latest posts by Hannah Graham (see all)
- June Content Ideas for Your Blog and Social Channels - May 24, 2018
- Discover the Next Big Thing in Real Estate Advertising! - May 22, 2018
- How to Consistently Generate 2-5 Leads per Day - May 18, 2018