It can be hard to find time to sit down and enjoy the gorgeous tree in your living room or the menorah in your office when your job, family, and busy schedule keep you constantly on the go. However, with these ten ideas you too can bask in the trappings of the season—from your car!
In addition to adding a bit of festivity to your season, decorating your car can draw positive attention to your brand, help you stand out, and get potential clients to take note of you and your business. The enhanced atmosphere of your car will also make current clients feel especially well taken care of.
There are plenty of ways your vehicle can reflect your love of the holidays and bring a smile to your, your clients’, and other motorists’ faces. Just remember not to go overboard and to check your local ordinances before trying anything that may be too distracting on the road (for example, many areas reserve blue red lights for emergency vehicles).
- Wreath – A simple wreath added to the grill of your car can instantly transform an everyday mode of transportation into something a bit more festive. Before driving anywhere, however, you should make sure the wreath is attached well and doesn’t block too much airflow, which could hinder your car’s performance.
- Big Red Bow – Not a fan of wreaths? Try adding a big, red bow (or any color bow) to the front of your car, and again, be sure it’s fastened well and not blocking too much airflow.
- Under-Lighting – Some holiday enthusiasts choose to wrap their cars in strings of multi-colored lights, and while this will definitely infuse some holiday spirit into your daily commute, all your clients may not appreciate driving around in a ball of light. Consider adding some under-lighting to your car instead.
- Reindeer – If you’re looking for a quick and easy car-decorating idea or have young kids, turning your car into a reindeer may be the option for you. This time of year, you can pick up a reindeer car kit composed of two window antlers (some even include a nose for the grill of your car) that pop on in seconds and can be removed just as quickly. Just remember to keep the windows rolled up and to check the packaging to learn about speed restrictions (trust me on this one).
- Magnets – Do you have a message you’d like to share: “Happy Holidays,” “Merry Christmas,” “Feliz Navidad?” Perhaps an image that makes you happy: snowflakes, snowmen, reindeer and sleighs? There is a holiday magnet for every occasion.
Don’t neglect the interior of your car. Consider using some of these ideas to surround yourself with the sights, sounds, and aromas of the holidays.
- Air freshener – There are an astonishing number of DIY holiday air freshener ideas for your car on Pinterest. Consider creating your own decorative air freshener with your favorite seasonal aromas or just stop by any auto-center to pick up a winter themed air freshener.
- Stockings, Hats, etc. – The backs of seats are a great place to hang holiday items like stockings, hats, wreaths, ribbons, etc. Consider placing a plastic bag inside stockings or hats to transform your decoration into a festive, concealed trash bag. Alternatively, fill them with candy canes for your passengers.
- Garland – When hanging anything inside your car be very careful not to obstruct your field of vision. With that in mind, hanging a garland inside your car is a great way to generate some holiday magic. String it down the sides of your car and consider hanging small decorative items from it for even more festivity.
- Rear View Mirror Decor – Have leftover pine from your Christmas tree or some lovely ornaments you haven’t found a spot for yet? Try hanging small decorations from your rearview mirror to keep them in sight as you celebrate on the go.
- Holiday Tunes – Create a playlist on your phone or burn one to a CD to access your favorite holiday music any time.
Now you’re almost ready to get out there and have fun decorating your car, but before you go we have one more tip to offer: a decorated car is great, but the holidays are a fantastic time to make new connections. Let us help with Homes.com Local Connect. This program puts you in front of active buyers and sellers! Call us at (888) 651-8956 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. Happy holidays!
Latest posts by Hannah Graham (see all)
- July Content Ideas for Your Blog and Social Channels - June 22, 2018
- Starting Your Business as a New Agent - June 20, 2018
- How to Use Instagram Stories Ads for Real Estate - June 18, 2018