The start of the year inspires the best of intentions in us all. It’s when we decide to make all the personal and business changes we said we’d do last year but never got around to. But that doesn’t have to happen this year! If one of your goals is to improve your content strategy on your blog or social media, we can help. Instead of spending hours trying to come up with content ideas, be on the lookout for a list of topics from us each month that you can explore in your blog or social networks. Find January’s topics below to get started!
*Tip: Don’t limit yourself to real estate specific topics. Be a community expert and source of interesting area information to appeal to a larger audience.
Holidays and Occasions:
Seasonal topics can generate a lot of interest in the days and even weeks surrounding them. Here are some of the things happening in January and possible ways you can create content around them.
- New Year’s Day – January 1st
- Recipes for traditional New Year’s Day foods
- List of local businesses hosting a countdown
- Apps to track resolutions
- Trivia Day – January 4th
- Local business trivia
- Local history/celebrity trivia
- Strange laws
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – January 15th
- Volunteer opportunities
- History of MLK Day
- Education and tribute
- Opposite Day – January 25th
- Take a poll
- Best places to grab breakfast after noon
- Post a fun photo/video of your office participating
General topics can be reworked and reused over and over again in different formats and on different platforms. Some topics that might be popular in January are:
- Recap of the positive things that happened in your city in 2017
- Great indoor activities
- This day in local history
- Highest rated gyms/exercise locations
- Where to shop organically
- Request a caption for a winter photo
- Local events/festivals
- City’s best coffee houses
While you don’t want your content to be all about buying and selling real estate, it still plays an important part. People often start thinking about buying or selling a home after the holidays. Here are some topics potential clients might engage with.
- Creating a budget/financial plan
- Frequently asked questions about buying a house
- Home maintenance checklist
- Winter staging ideas
- First time buyer programs
If you need ideas on how to expand these social and blog topics, visit Blog.Homes.com or any of our social channels! We have tons of articles for buyers and sellers that you are welcome to share with your audience!
Latest posts by Hannah Graham (see all)
- Building a Real Estate Team - January 19, 2018
- Free Newsletter Services Starting this Month! - January 12, 2018
- Attract More Leads with the Right Mindset, Skillset, and Actions - January 5, 2018