Creating fresh, unique content is an easy way to make an impact and grow your social media audience. However, coming up with content ideas to write about can be hard! Instead of spending hours trying to come up with new topics for your social channels and blog, check back with us each month for a list of ideas you can expand upon. Find April’s topics below to get started!
*Tip: Use hashtags (#) to help people outside of your normal social reach find your content.
Holiday and Occasions
Some of the many month-long observances in April include Autism Awareness Month, National Poetry Month, Animal Cruelty Prevention Month, and Cancer Control Month. Here are some other things happening in April and ideas on how to create content around them.
- April Fool’s Day – April 1st
- The strangest thing you’ve seen in real estate
- Weirdest thing to prevent/stall a closing
- DIY tutorial for something silly
- Easter – April 1st
- Easter craft idea
- Host or list area egg hunts
- Ask followers to share their best and worst painted eggs.
- Friday the 13th – April 13th
- Poll on what your followers are most afraid of
- Ask your followers what objects they use for luck
- Share your Friday the 13th story – ask followers to do the same.
- Taxes Due – April 17th
- List of free tax resources
- Print out free copies of Form 1040
- Basic reminder to do taxes
Celebrating holidays all day every day gets old fast. Be sure to mix in plenty of general topics of interest to keep your content well rounded.
- Paver patios vs. concrete patios
- Scenic areas to soak up some sun
- Locally owned plant nurseries
- Any TV shows or movies filmed or take place in your town?
- Does your library/community center offer any classes?
- List or review area dog parks
You are a real estate professional; it’s only natural that you should discuss real estate related topics on your social channels and blog. Here are some topics that may appeal to your audience this April.
- What you like about being a real estate agent
- Choosing the right furniture for your space
- What sellers can do to sell their home faster
- What makes a senior-friendly home
- Permits/licenses needed before you add a storage shed
- How to tell if you’re ready to buy a home
- Popularity of different property types in your area last month
- Boosting your curb appeal
We hope you find some of these topic ideas helpful! If you need help building your online presence, check out Homes.com Social Fuel – a service designed to help you get more leads, likes, and a stronger online presence to help you connect with buyers and sellers.
Latest posts by Hannah Graham (see all)
- July Content Ideas for Your Blog and Social Channels - June 22, 2018
- Starting Your Business as a New Agent - June 20, 2018
- How to Use Instagram Stories Ads for Real Estate - June 18, 2018