Homes.com Data and Advertising Principles
Homes.com strives to be a resource for real estate professionals, and an advocate for the real estate industry as a whole.
Our Data and Advertising Principles guide our product development and serve as our promise to our advertisers, MLS organizations and consumers regarding how we collect, process and display listing information.
- We are committed to being a friend and ally to the real estate industry. Through years of hard work we have built strong partnerships with real estate franchise networks, brokers, hundreds of thousands of real estate professionals, and over 650 MLS organizations to organically grow Homes.com into one of the top online real estate destinations.
- We are committed to providing accurate listing data. We are committed to providing the most accurate and timely real estate information. That’s why many of the listings on Homes.com are updated every 15 minutes from trusted local sources like MLSs and brokers, and the remainder are updated at least every 24 hours.
- We believe consumers should work with a licensed real estate professional with local expertise to assist with the home buying and home selling process. Every listing displayed on Homes.com provides consumers a clear path to connect with the listing brokerage or agent. We display the contact phone number for both the listing broker and agent on all listings as provided by the listing source, ensuring that all phone inquiries go directly to the listing broker or agent. All listings also include an email form for consumers to request more information, and all requests are emailed directly to the listing broker or listing agent free of charge.
- We believe consumers should be able to easily determine who the listing broker and agent is for all listings, without confusion. The listing agent is always crealy identified on the detail page of each listing. When a consumer submits a digital request for information about a specific listing, that information is always emailed to the listing agent of record.
- We are committed to connecting real estate professionals to consumers. Homes.com provides useful information and engaging tools to facilitate connections between consumers and local professionals. For consumers, Homes.com is a resource for everything home-related, starting from the home search process and continuing throughout the home living experience. By doing this, we create the best avenues for real estate agents to connect with these active consumers with tools like Homes Connect, the real estate industry’s first ever integrated marketing platform and the Homes.com Q&A Community.