In my travels, speaking to real estate professionals across the country, I’m often asked,” What are the best real estate apps?” It’s a valid question. The answer is; that the top apps are constantly changing as new apps come on the scene. I recently presented my latest edition of the Joe Sesso, Top 10 Smart Device Apps at a national convention. These apps are great, and most of them are for both Android and Apple devices. Some are even available for Blackberry. In case you missed it, here they are:
- Homes.com Real Estate App: I love this app. It offers great graphics and it’s easy to use for consumers and professionals! Best of all, it’s free. Consumers and real estate professionals can search nationwide over four million homes on the market. They can search by maps, zip codes or cities. This is a must have app for everyone.
- Zite: Zite is an online magazine that is custom tailored to the user, and it gets smarter the more often that you use it. This free app asks you what your interests are (real estate, architecture, gadgets, etc.) then provides articles for you to read and enjoy. You can easily re-post these articles on Facebook or Twitter. It’s also interactive, so it asks you if you liked the article or not. It also asks if you want more articles on certain people, places or topics. If you indicate “yes,” you will see more articles about what you want. This is truly an amazing app.
- Evernote: This app is your day planner, calendar, to-do list, and goal sheet all in one. This free app enables you to create lists, record voice memos, and share ideas with friends and social networks (although you don’t have to). The best part about this app is that you can sync all of your devices to it. I can record a voice memo on my phone and then listen to it from my Mac or PC at night. It’s that amazing. This app will keep you on the ball.
- Real Alert App: This is the first app that I’m mentioning that costs money, but this app can literally save your life. It costs only $1.99, but this app is worth so much more. Real estate professionals are concerned about their safety, and this app helps them stay safe. You can open this app and call 9-1-1 with one press of a button. You can also contact friends easily and locate nearby hospitals. It also provides a form to fill out and share with your colleagues of suspicious characters you may encounter. This can be very useful. This app is a must for any real estate professional.
- Genius Scan App: This free app turns your phone into portable scanner. Now you can scan contracts, forms and other important documents and e-mail them to mortgage brokers, clients and attorneys quickly and easily. This app will save you lots of time, as well as miles on your car.
- iMovie & Clesh Movie Apps: iMovie (for Apple) and Clesh (for Android) are great for making video tours of properties. They’re also great for video blogs for real estate professionals. These apps cost money, $4.99, but they are amazing for the price. These apps enable you to record video, edit, piece snippets together, add text and credits, and import music from your library to give your video more spice. I was able to record a video tour, edit, add text and music and upload to Youtube and Facebook in about 20 minutes. It’s professional, but easy-to-use. That’s why I love these apps.
- Everyblock: This app is for people who live in or around big cities. Everyblock is only in about 15 markets nationwide at this point, but this app is great for getting local news and information. If you’re a real estate professional looking for ideas to post to your blog, Everyblock has it. You can share these articles with your followers and friends and increase your social influence on Twitter and Facebook. This is a free app.
- Instagram: This company has been in the news a lot lately. This app has been one of my favorites for almost a year now, but apparently Facebook loved them as well. They just bought Instagram for $1 billion dollars. Not bad for a 15 month old company. This free app is awesome and is available on both Android and iPhone. It can transform even the most amateur photographer into a pro. Real estate professionals can make their listing photos stand out by using one of Instagram’s photo enhancers. This is a must have app – and it’s fun as well.
- Photosynth: This is another free photo app that is great for real estate professionals. Designed by Microsoft, this app works on iPhone, Android, and Windows platforms and enables users to make panoramic photos with their phones. It has built in stitch assist that can literally stitch two adjacent photos together. It’s perfect for those large panoramic shots you want to use in your real estate business.
- Homes.com Mortgage Calculator App: This free app is great for any real estate professional. It can help determine monthly payment, rent versus buy options, and how much a person can qualify for. This is a must have if you work with clients.
There it is: My Top 10 Smart Device App List for the first half of 2012. There will be other lists, so be sure to look for my newest list in the coming months. In the meantime, use these apps to help your business run more efficiently and possibly even save time. They can also make life more enjoyable, in my opinion – so give it a try for yourself!